2013 Application Deadlines
Submit this application and a $50 deposit to Jen Barrall's folder in the missions mailbox located in the office lobby. Or mail to: Westminster Presbyterian Church, Attention Jen Barrall 2151 Oregon Pike, Lancaster PA 17601. Incomplete applications will be returned. Deposit increases to $75 for late applications.
Baltimore – January 27
JAM – March 31
Kingdom Builders – June 30
New York City – January 27
Reading – February 24
Spain – January 27
Warm Springs – January 27
Join a mission team:
- Pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions this summer. Trips are open to Westminster members. Non-members are also welcome to apply.
- You must be a Christian with a desire to grow and share your faith with others.
- Each applicant should consider his/her physical ability for the nature of the trip.
- Grades indicated refer to the grade that a student will complete in the 2012–2013 school year.
- Fill out an application, located at the kiosk across from the information counter or posted online above.
- Return your application, along with a $50 deposit, to Jen Barrall by the stated deadline. Deposit increases to $75 for applications received after the deadline.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the Great Commission Committee and Session.
Other ways to be involved:
- Attend at least 75% of team meetings and events. On average, summer teams meet 4–6 times, March through July.
- Submit to the team leadership.
- Enlist a minimum of ten prayer partners.
- Participate in raising financial support with your team. Team members are asked to raise as much of the trip cost as possible. Up to 30% of the trip cost for Westminster members may be subsidized from the short-term missions budget. Non-members are responsible for raising the entire trip cost.
- Pray for team members, the people they will meet, and their ministry.
- In the spring, reply to team member prayer letters, telling them you will pray.
- Support the teams financially or donate supplies.