Since its beginning in 1973 as an evangelical Presbyterian denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America has grown from about 40,000 members primarily in the southeastern United States, to become 380,000 members in more than 1,750 congregations located across the USA and in Canada.
You can learn more about the Presbyterian Church in America by viewing the PCA denominational web site at this address: www.pcanet.org.
The theme of the 'PCA' from early days has been: "True to the Scriptures, the Reformed faith, and obedient to the great Commission of Jesus Christ." Emphasis on missions and outreach has led to the founding of scores of new churches all over North America. We also send forth the largest Presbyterian international missionary force in the world, led from our office in Atlanta called Mission to the World (MTW). We believe in reaching out to tell the gracious gospel of God's saving truth in Christ.
Every PCA congregation belongs to a regional network of congregations called a presbytery, organized to do essential business such as ordaining ministers and overseeing the churches and to support one another in a cooperative way. Ours is the Susquehanna Valley Presbytery, comprising about 20 churches and several new church plants.
The Presbyterian Church in America is not affiliated with either the National Council of Churches, or the World Council of Churches. We do have partner relationships with the National Association of Evangelicals and many other organizations of evangelical believers, particularly missions organizations with whom we link arms in cooperative gospel ministry.
The PCA supports a fine Christian liberal arts college in Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA. Visitwww.covenant.edu to learn more about the college.
Our denominational seminary is Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO. Visit www.covenantseminary.edu for more information on the seminary.
The following PCA websites may be helpful or of interest to you:
The PCA Foundation offers a variety of charitable financial services to help Christians fulfill their stewardship responsibilities and carry out their charitable desires.
- Presbyterian Church in America
- PCA Foundation
- Confession of Faith
- Shorter Catechism
- Larger Catechism
- Fortress Book Service
- Reformation Heritage Books
- Westminster Theological Seminary Bookstore
- Missions to the World (MTW)
- Missions to North America (MNA)
- Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)
- By Faith Magazine
We attempt to monitor links to external content on a regular basis. However, Westminster Presbyterian Church cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to our own.
Susquehanna Valley Presbytery
- Carlisle - Carlisle Reformed Presbyterian
- Chambersburg - Redeemer Presbyterian
- Cochranville - Manor Presbyterian
- Ephrata - Reformed Presbyterian
- Hanover - Hanover Valley Presbyterian
- Harrisburg - Trinity Presbyterian
- Harrisburg - Second City Church
- Hershey - Hershey Presbyterian
- Lampeter/Strasburg - Harvest Presbyterian
- Lancaster - New City Fellowship
- Lancaster - Wheatland Presbyterian
- Mechanicsburg - New Covenant Fellowship
- Mount Joy - Proclamation Presbyterian
- New Holland - St. Stephen Reformed
- Oxford - Bethany Presbyterian
- Quarryville - Faith Reformed Presbyterian
- Shippensburg - Hope Reformed Presbyterian
- State College - Oakwood Presbyterian
- York - Providence Presbyterian Church
- York - New Life Presbyterian
- York - City Church York
Here are some other recommended links: