Our Great Commission committee has created a survey to get feedback from the congregation and help us plan future trips. We are intentionally targeting those who have participated on a Westminster mission trip or those who are new to our membership, though any church member is welcome to take it. We will be collecting responses through the end of August.
Click on the box below to take this quick, 10 minute survey.
2018 Short-Term Opportunities
Each year Westminster Church sends short-term mission teams to various corners of the globe in order to make Jesus’ name known. People from all walks of life can serve. Take a look at this year’s trips and pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions on a short-term mission trip.
Germany, April 20–30 Deadline: January 10 / Early Bird December 31
JAM, May 18–20 Deadline: March 18 / Early Bird March 4
Seed Weeks NYC, June 18–24 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
Kingdom Builders, July 11–14 Deadline: June 24 / Early Bird June 10
Easton, July 15–21 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
Yakama, July 28–August 4 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
We believe sending God’s people on short-term trips (both the young and the not-so-young) is vital for Kingdom impact, missionary support, and the believer’s discipleship.
Join a mission team:
- Pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions this summer. Trips are open to Westminster members. Non-members are also welcome to apply.
- You must be a Christian with a desire to grow and share your faith with others.
- Each applicant should consider his/her physical ability for the nature of the trip.
- Grades indicated refer to the grade that a student will complete in the 2017–2018 school year.
- Fill out an application, located at the kiosk across from the registration counter or online here.
- Return your application and deposit to Jen Barrall. Deposit amounts: $75 by the deadline; $50 by the early bird deadline.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the Great Commission Committee and Session.
- Rest in Jesus, knowing He is the One who equips you, sustains you, and provides for your every need.
- Have a servant’s heart and flexible spirit.
- Attend at least 75% of team meetings and events. On average, summer teams meet 4–6 times.
- Submit to the team leadership.
- Enlist a minimum of ten prayer partners.
- Participate in raising financial support with your team. Team members are asked to raise as much of the trip cost as possible. Up to 30% of the trip cost for Westminster members may be subsidized from the short-term missions budget. Non-members are responsible for raising the entire trip cost.
- Complete a background check, as required by Pennsylvania State law.
- Be up-to-date on required immunizations (Tetanus and MMR for all trips; additional immunizations are recommended for Peru).
Other ways to be involved:
- Pray for team members, the people they will meet, and their ministry.
- Reply to team member prayer letters, telling them you will pray.
- Support the teams financially or donate supplies.
- Consider involvement in a short-term missions internship of 8 weeks or more. Contact Tucker York for information.