2018 Short-Term Opportunities
Each year Westminster Church sends short-term mission teams to various corners of the globe in order to make Jesus’ name known. People from all walks of life can serve. Take a look at this year’s trips and pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions on a short-term mission trip.
Germany, April 20–30 Deadline: January 10 / Early Bird December 31
JAM, May 18–20 Deadline: March 18 / Early Bird March 4
Seed Weeks NYC, June 18–24 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
Kingdom Builders, July 11–14 Deadline: June 24 / Early Bird June 10
Easton, July 15–21 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
Yakama, July 28–August 4 Deadline: January 28 / Early Bird January 14
We believe sending God’s people on short-term trips (both the young and the not-so-young) is vital for Kingdom impact, missionary support, and the believer’s discipleship.
Join a mission team:
- Pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions this summer. Trips are open to Westminster members. Non-members are also welcome to apply.
- You must be a Christian with a desire to grow and share your faith with others.
- Each applicant should consider his/her physical ability for the nature of the trip.
- Grades indicated refer to the grade that a student will complete in the 2017–2018 school year.
- Fill out an application, located at the kiosk across from the registration counter or online here.
- Return your application and deposit to Jen Barrall. Deposit amounts: $75 by the deadline; $50 by the early bird deadline.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the Great Commission Committee and Session.
- Rest in Jesus, knowing He is the One who equips you, sustains you, and provides for your every need.
- Have a servant’s heart and flexible spirit.
- Attend at least 75% of team meetings and events. On average, summer teams meet 4–6 times.
- Submit to the team leadership.
- Enlist a minimum of ten prayer partners.
- Participate in raising financial support with your team. Team members are asked to raise as much of the trip cost as possible. Up to 30% of the trip cost for Westminster members may be subsidized from the short-term missions budget. Non-members are responsible for raising the entire trip cost.
- Complete a background check, as required by Pennsylvania State law.
- Be up-to-date on required immunizations (Tetanus and MMR for all trips; additional immunizations are recommended for Peru).
Other ways to be involved:
- Pray for team members, the people they will meet, and their ministry.
- Reply to team member prayer letters, telling them you will pray.
- Support the teams financially or donate supplies.
- Consider involvement in a short-term missions internship of 8 weeks or more. Contact Tucker York for information.