The Great Commission committee is interested in identifying members who would be available to serve on future Disaster Relief short-term mission teams. Please click on this link to take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T5WL6ZF. It should only take 5 minutes to complete. Depending on the response, we plan to schedule a follow-up informational meeting and invite those interested to learn more how to get involved.
Find applications at the kiosk across from the information counter or click the buttons below. Submit applications to Jen Barrall at the church office.
Non-refundable deposit for each application is required:
$75 (by the deadline)
$50 (if received by the early bird registration deadline)
JANUARY 29 / Early Bird JANUARY 15
LEAP, Reading, Yakama
MARCH 19 / Early Bird MARCH 5
JAM Water Street
JUNE 25 / Early Bird JUNE 11
Join a mission team:
- Pray about how God can use you, your skills, and passions this summer. Trips are open to Westminster members. Non-members are also welcome to apply.
- You must be a Christian with a desire to grow and share your faith with others.
- Each applicant should consider his/her physical ability for the nature of the trip.
- Grades indicated refer to the grade that a student will complete in the 2015–2016 school year.
- Fill out an application, located at the kiosk across from the information counter or online here.
- Return your application and deposit to Jen Barrall. Deposit amounts: $75 by the deadline; $50 by the early bird deadline.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the Great Commission Committee and Session.
- Attend at least 75% of team meetings and events. On average, summer teams meet 4–6 times, April through July.
- Submit to the team leadership.
- Enlist a minimum of ten prayer partners.
- Participate in raising financial support with your team. Team members are asked to raise as much of the trip cost as possible. Up to 30% of the trip cost for Westminster members may be subsidized from the short-term missions budget. Non-members are responsible for raising the entire trip cost.
- Complete a background check, as required by Pennsylvania State law.
- Be up-to-date on required immunizations (Tetanus and MMR for all trips; additional immunizations are recommended for Peru).
Other ways to be involved:
- Pray for team members, the people they will meet, and their ministry. In the spring, reply to team member prayer letters, telling them you will pray.
- Support the teams financially or donate supplies.