Summer Intern Information
The purpose of the summer internship is to provide staffing for summer youth ministries by utilizing college students from the Westminster Presbyterian Church membership who are considering full-time Christian ministry as a career.
A Brief Overview:
Summer interns are assigned to the youth ministry and report directly to the Youth Pastor. Interns will meet weekly with the Youth Pastor to review the intern’s ministry, to pray, and to discuss personal growth and/or concerns.
- Help plan and lead weekly youth group meetings.
- Relational ministry with students. Contact students through the week by phone and in person in order to build relationships with them and encourage them spiritually.
- Plan and assist with summer activities such as day trips, fellowship events and other events.
- Assist youth Sunday school teachers as directed by the youth pastor, teaching occasionally.
- Help plan and lead the Jr High camping trip (June 22-24).
- Help plan & lead the Jr High Kingdom Builders Mission Trip to Lancaster (July 12-15).
- Assist the staff of Vacation Bible School during the week of VBS (July 24-27).
Sunday, February 26, 2017